Maritime Logistics Professional
NACI Public Trust Security Clearance
Maritime Logistics Management professional with more than 22 years experience in Procurement, Logistics Supply, Movement Control, Transportation and Contract Management. Extensive background in austere and complex environments including Uganda, Kuwait, Dubai, Afghanistan, Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, involving massive logistics operations, support and transportation management. Honorably discharged U. S. Army Logistics Specialist.
Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of import forwarding and customs brokerage in a domestic and/or international capacity. Experienced with logistics and transportation principles, concepts and methodologies including inventory management, moving product via various modes, cost analysis and resource optimization.
Demonstrated knowledge of processing actions maximizing resources to streamline operations, achieving 100% property accountability, maintaining accuracy, and transaction efficiency. Expert at managing documentation of operational activities using a variety of logistics and supply management software, both proprietary and commercial.
Capable of providing impeccable customer service and maintaining good relationships in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment despite complexities or communicative issues, ensuring the highest level of performance.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Port Operations
- Container Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Planning & Forecasting
- HazMat/OSHA Regulations
- Inventory Fleet Management
- Personnel Supervision
- Training & Mentoring
- Supply Accountability
- Asset Visibility
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Rules & Regulations
- Human Resources
- Resource Optimization
- SAP and ERP Processes
- Microsoft Office Suite Programs
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- Transportation Broker License, 2018
- Certificate in Freight Broker and Sales Course, 2017
- LSCMS - Logistics Supply Chain Management System, FEMA
- Emergency Management, FEMA
- NIMS - National Incident Management System, FEMA
- Federal Disaster Operations, FEMA
- IATA - International Air Transport Association, 2015
- Container Management, 2011
- GATES - Global Air Transportation Execution System, 2010
- OSHA General Industry Safety & Health, 2007
- 92Y Unit Supply Specialist, U. S. Army, 2007
- Human Resource Specialist Course, U. S. Army, 2000
- 88M Transportation Specialist, U. S. Army, 1997
- Petroleum Supply Specialist, U. S. Army, 1996
- Supply Management, 1995
- DIMHRS - Defense Integrated Military Human Resources System
- GCSS-Army - Global Combat Support System Army
- TCN - Transportation Control Numbers
- TC-AIMS - Transportation Coordinators' Automated Information for Movement System
- ARIMS - Army Records Information Management System
- SAMS - Sunflower Asset Management System
- SARSS - Standard Army Retail Supply System
- LOGSA-LIW - Logistics Information Warehouse
- PBUSE - Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced Systems
RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Port Operations Supervisor | Crowley Maritime Worldwide | St. Thomas US & British Virgin Islands | 01/2017 – present
- Manage seaport Movement Control Operations of full and empty containers throughout US and British Virgin Islands. Manage and forecast weekly equipment and scheduling of vessels, distribution, and inventory management of shipping containers, lo-lo’s and ro-ro’s from Port to Port, through the Caribbean Islands to ensure equipment can meet export demands. Perform equipment confirmation and release at depots and terminals by confirming in corresponding systems to ensure customers can pick up and return equipment for export bookings. Thorough understanding of shipyard layout and ship management.
- Reduce the empty idle time throughout the region by communicating with depots and terminals, port operations departments, to keep a fluid inventory and minimize terminal storage. Maintain visibility and control by tracking and tracing full and empty Containers, Chassis, Flat racks, Gensets and Reefers. Communicate with down Island agents to return and/ or pick up equipment from the depots and terminals to enhance logistical operations and target cost saving initiatives. Forecast cargo and equipment to meet operational needs.
- Manage activities of workers engaged in transportation movement requests, air and ocean documentation processes, verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, preparing documentation for shipment notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, and to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Submit weekly Near Miss reports with Incident Preventing Factors, identifying the root causes and analysis that resulted in the circumstances that led to the near miss. Use investigated results to improve safety systems, hazard control, risk reduction, and lessons learned. Provide immediate problem resolution for internal and external customers by identifying the dilemma and strategizing a solution to ensure excellent customer service.
- Responsible for staffing of union employees. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with upper Management and maintain relationships with union and non-union personnel through proper administration of all policies and Collective Bargaining Agreement. Ensure that reports, billing and labor payroll are timely and accurate and control costs by managing meal periods and minimizing overtime.
Logistics Supply Chain Manager Reservist | FEMA | Port of San Juan, Puerto Rico | 01/2016 – present
- Collateral Duty: Commodity Point of Distribution (CPOD) Manager: Provide operational oversight and supporting the distribution of life-sustaining commodities (food, water, blankets, cots, tarps, baby products, medical supplies etc.) to the public and the Caribbean Island following a disaster incident. Perform mandatory inventory and reporting of accountable property used in disaster operations. Manage the Agency Accountable Property Systems (LIMS Fund 6 Site Code) including systems administration, technical and functional management of both personal property and commodity systems. Monitor the acquisition, receipt, storage utilization, transfer and disposal of commodities, and maintain a record of all such transactions. Develop guidance and manuals for Logistics Management Specialists during deployment.
- Coordinate with disaster operations on the disposition of mission’s assignments assets after mission completion. Provide subject matter expertise in the use of logistic systems and submit requests for supplies, equipment, personnel, teams, services, or commodities using FEMA-approved systems. Review and enter requests using clear, concise details; including contact information, hours of operation, specific location details. Orchestrate the partnering with state and local governments to establish an effective commodities distribution strategy. Track multiple loads of inbound commodities being supplied thru the disaster chain Incident Support Base (ISB), Federal Staging Area (FSA), and State Staging (SSA) while effectively tracking and identifying cargo to assist in the development of a comprehensive solution for state and local governments’ fulfillment of life sustaining resources.
- Collateral Duty: FEMA Human Resource Manager: Manage, train, and oversee the hiring processes for FEMA. Possess in-depth knowledge of FEMA Human Resources concepts personnel regulations, policies, and practices. Accountable for managing, planning, coordinating, initiating, tracking and performing a variety of personnel actions and control documents. Collaborate with other emergency management personnel and local, state or federal officials when preparing for, responding to, or recovering from disasters. Provide customer service support to, and develop liaisons with, other agencies, organizations or companies involved in developing emergency preparedness programs. Clearly and effectively communicate with area institutions, including hospitals, schools, and local governments, to determine their needs and to ensure the facilitation of programs in the event of natural or manmade disasters.
Inventory Manager (Contractor) | SENTEL Corp. | Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan | 12/2016 – 04/2017
- Performed logistical operations in supply accountability and asset visibility procedures including initiating, editing, and processing requisitions for government within all appropriate systems applications and products. Travelled throughout Afghanistan to different bases and FOBs to apply Item Unique Identification (IUID) labels to military units’ Theatre Provided Equipment (TPE).
- Served as a logistics advisor to the Commander of United States Forces-Afghanistan (USFOR-A) for redistribution and accountability of equipment using the TPE-Planner web-based system. Updated associated asset visibility tracking systems. Implemented safety directives, improved safety performance, and ensured facility safety policies and procedures were aligned with governmental regulations.
Transportation Ops Logistics Specialist/Movement Control Coordinator | DynCorp International | Kandahar Afghanistan, Kuwait | 11/2010 – 04/2012
- Performed Aerial Port Services operations that involved coordinating logistical actions in supporting a specified mission. Provided impeccable customer service to establish administrative contacts and professional relationships for networking and liaison across the Agency. Confirmed registration and briefed transient personnel regarding travel requirements. Conducted safety briefing to military/government travelers.
- Maintained daily aircraft arrival/departure schedule. Ensured accurate interpretation of schedules, and timely processing and delivery of passengers and military equipment through Gateway Tracking System (GTS), Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES) and Global Decision Support System (GDSS2). Checked in passengers/baggage and freight.
- Tracked the movement of equipment and container(s) by the Transportation Control Number to its final destination. Operated automated data terminal equipment to produce essential transportation/movement documentation and reports in accordance with established Defense Transportation Regulations, US Customs, Department of Defense (DoD), and TSA regulations and standards.
- Collateral Duty: Material Control Coordinator, Central Issue Facility, Kandahar, Afghanistan:Utilized Supply Automated Systems to coordinate all daily activities to include opening and closing accounts for military and government personnel. Provided support in the areas of procurement, property tracking, equipment, inventory, and supply usage. Ensured all military, domestic, international and customs shipping regulations followed. Member on a team of six logistics coordinators perform an array of administrative and management functions and services. Performed life-cycle procurement research and analysis to recommend cost-effective solutions.
Human Resource Specialist (42A) | U. S. Army | Ft Gillem, GA | 03/2000 – 11/2009
Transportation & Logistics Specialist | U. S. Army | Fort Stewart, GA | 01/1996 – 03/2000
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Clinical Research Coordinator (Contractor) | Gastroenterology & Associates | Fairfax, VA | 10/2016 – 12/2016
Executive Human Resources (Contractor) | Centers for Disease Control | Atlanta, GA | 05/2016 – 08/2016
Clinical Research Coordinator (Contractor) | INOVA Hospital | Fairfax, VA | 03/2016 – 05/2016
Health & Safety Manager (Contractor) | Antia Assisted Living Facility | Madison, Georgia | 12/2015 - 01/2016
Clinical Research Coordinator | Emory Winship | Atlanta, Georgia | 04/2013 – 02/2014
Clinical Research Associate Supervisor (In-house) | University of Alabama - Birmingham | 02/2005 – 10/2010
Master of Science in Supply Chain & Logistics Management (in progress) | Florida Institute of Technology | Melbourne, Florida
Bachelor of Science in Health Science | Kaplan University | Davenport, Iowa | 2012
Associates of Applied Science in Administrative Office Management | Virginia College of Birmingham | Alabama | 2004
Logistics Management at Florida TechJan 2019