Manager Cost Control & Air Port Ops.
- Vessel Operations
A flexible mind-set driven by a focus on business requirements, gives the ability to keep a structured overview and balanced sense for the right details. Through relevant experience from previous employments, I have acquired an overview on business understanding as well as strong competences within data analysis. As a highly self-driven performer, I excel in stakeholder and change management, and relying on my good communication skills, I can effortlessly secure buy-in from stakeholders and drive change in an open and upright manner. I like to alternate between performing independently and being the team player/Leader contributing proactively to team objectives.
Manager Cost Control & Air Port OPS., Maersk Egypt Shipping Agency
2002 – Present Vessels Agency (Husbanding Dept.)
- Manager of Cost control & SAP implementation team member (Super User RTP, OTC & BW).
- Leading cost control team in Preparation/Review cost budget for Maersk Line Vessels transiting the Suez Canal with Approx. USD 800 Mil/annum.
- Manage and lead the Cost Control team to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction in order to meet the business goals.
- Develop and operate strategies to maximize project revenues & cash flow.
- Management of local invoicing as part of the cycle and insure efficient and maximum output with proper time management from the team.
- Project management of SAP implementation in Maersk Egypt.
- Planning/preparing annual Vessel Agency Local Budget.
- Managing/Leading team/system performance.
- Financial reporting of Cost for Svitzer Salvage & Svitzer Towag.
- Operations with the LNG project in Abu-Qir & Qatar Gas salvageEquipment warehouse in Suez.
- Contract management of local suppliers & payments
- Contract management of Petroleum Co. Contracts & payments on behalf of Maersk Supply Service.
- Develop Commercial / Operational strategies.
- Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data.
- Lead the Change Control Process & seek early resolution of contract changes.
- Assist the project teams with advice and contractual support for project issues.
- Ensure that adequate records are maintained in respect of project issues and commercial management processes
- Internal and external commercial periodic reporting (Vessels Market Require.).
- Ensure that services are delivered accurately on a timely basis to our customers with the appropriate accurate documentation.
- To ensure that vessels shipments are completed in timely manner in coordination with vessel schedule.
- Drive Change management in terms of people, processes to meet customer needs and business requirements.
- Develop and improve logistics operational processes and drive efficiencies in documentation handling, Claim Management, and local invoicing.
- Conduct regular surveys on service levels to monitor the performance of the department and send feedback to senior management.
- Audit and review suppliers and freight forwarders regularly to ensure compliance with required company standards.
- Identify the training needs and development for the operation team in order to achieve high level of performance.
- Performance management of Cost Control / Air Port Ops team.
- Maintain good working relationships with affiliates, vendors & customers.
- Manager of Maersk Egypt crew meet & assist project at AirPort office.
- Setting / Monitoring project process handling KPIs
- Managing crew meet & assist team at Cairo Air Port.
- Process handling of Vessels Crew medical incidents & cost reporting
of cases to HQ.
- Vessels Crew local transportation & accommodation in Egypt.
- Contract management of Hotels offers/prices.
- Resolving contractual and commercial problems
- Discovering areas that are not in-keeping with regulation practices
- Offering direction and instruction
- Risk assessment
- Reviewing and developing operational process flows
- Ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual
Operation Coordinator, Quick Cargo Co. (Schenker) 2000-2001.
. Handling Cargo Forwarding Operations (Europe reigen).
(Sea freight, Inland transportation & Custom clearance)
Dive Master, Diver’s Base Diving Center 1999- 2000.
. Conducted scuba diving training courses.
. Diving Guide
Bachelor of Maritime Transportation Managment: Arab Academy for Science & Technology &Maritime Transportation Egypt, JAN 1999.
Coursework:Tanker, Liner, Tramper, Marine Insurance, Maritime Law, Ports Management & Operation, Seafarers Management, Cargo, Materials & Logistics Management, Information systems in Maritime Transportation, Economics of Maritime Transportation, Port Policies, Transportation Management, Quantitative Methods In Maritime Transportation.
English: Fluent in written and Spoken.
Arabic: Mother tongue.
SAP Super User, ICDL Certificate, Maersk Computer in Buisness Certificate.
EXTRA- CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Member of Academy Activities Committee, Egypt 1998.
. Organized over- night and one-day safari trips for the western desert,
Siwa & Sinai.
PADI Dive Master Egypt 1998- Present.
. Conducted scuba diving training courses.
. Worked as a full time Dive Master at Diver’s Base, Aqua Sun,
Adventure Diving Center.
Date of Birth: 27- June- 1974.
Marital Status: Married.
Military Status: Done.