Director of Facilities/Environmental Services
- Vessel Operations
TIMOTHY S. TRAYNOR
10218 Fehlberg Court ~ Saint John, Indiana 46373
(219) 512-4378 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
A dependable and dedicated operations professional with a strong background in facilities management, safety, OSHA, maritime, and Department of Homeland Security regulations, preventative maintenance, training, team building and customer service. Approaches each situation with a ‘never say never’ attitude, and adheres to a consistent standard of quality and timeliness. Takes the initiative to lead and implement innovations that deliver consistent results. Utilizes a strong work ethic and a drive to provide top-level service to create and maintain an atmosphere of success.
Ameristar East Chicago Casino & Hotel, East Chicago, Indiana
Director of Facilities/Environmental Services 2011–Present
Oversawboth the Facilities and Environmental Services departments at a 24-hour a day, seven-day a week property. Heldresponsibility for developing personnel and budget oversight. Ensured the proper maintenance of kitchen equipment for nine food outlets and eleven bars. Maintained lifts, elevators, escalators, boilers, chillers, HVAC systems, vessel systems and all equipment needed to operate a shipboard casino and a land-based hotel. Trained staff on safety and implemented procedures in accordance with OSHA and the Department of Homeland Security guidelines. Provided the environment to enable a successful casino operation.
Planned and executed construction and renovation projects on a constant basis. Identified, planned, quoted, submitted for approval and executed capital expenditure projects. Directed all manner of employees associated with the upkeep of the facility, including electricians, painters, plumbers, carpenters, HVAC technicians, engineers and team members trained in-house on specific duties specialized to the casino/hotel/food service aspect of the property. Maintained the safety of the vessel, ran drills and assisted every other department on the property.
- Successfully operated, monitored, maintained, troubleshot and repaired the physical plants of a 288-room, 15-story hotel, central pavilion and 4250-passenger casino vessel.
- Regulated spending and initiated saving through supply oversight, as well as by using new technologies to do a better job of cleaning with less chemicals.
- Reconfigured the casino floor plan regularly, which involved adherence to marine standards and practices.
- Coordinated and orchestrated multiple capital construction projects including a major refurbishment of our hotel completed in 2012, new Stadium Sports Bar and Restaurant completed in 2015, new High Limits Table Games Room completed in 2015, renovation and expansion of Burger Brothers restaurant completed in 2016, renovation and expansion of Baccarat Room and Noodle Bar restaurant completed in 2016.
Captain M/V Winstar, Casino Vessel. Showboat, Harrah's, Resorts and Ameristar Casinos 1998–2011
Safely navigated and operated the vessel and maintained all U.S. Coast Guard regulations. Led the officers and crew, engaged with the public, and oversaw all alterations, construction projects and equipment moves aboard the ship, ensuring they were within the scope of the U.S Code of Federal Regulations. Orchestrated weekly and monthly emergency drills and commanded quarterly and annual inspections of the vessel by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Effectively guided the process of converting from U.S. Coast Guard regulatory oversight to The American Bureau of Shipping regulatory oversight. Assisted in rebranding the property on three different occasions as three new owners acquired control. Structured the crew to perform successfully in varying conditions which were altered due to weather, business or regulatory fluctuations. Performed administrative duties relative to the vessel certification, scheduling and payroll.
First Mate M/V Winstar, Casino Vessel. Showboat Casino 1997–1998
Held responsibility for navigating and operating the vessel and management of the crew. Provided safety training and performed emergency drills. Interacted with guests and provided a wide variety of service and support to all the departments that make up a casino resort property. Regularly performed administrative duties relative to the vessel certification, scheduling and payroll. Assisted the Captain in daily shipboard duties.
Grand Victoria Casino & Resort, Rising Sun, Indiana
Bridge Mate/Deck Mate, Grand Victoria II, Riverboat Casino 1996–1997
Refurbished and rebranded casino vessel, attained regulatory compliance from the U.S. Coast Guard and the Indiana Gaming Commission and opened for business. Effectively navigated, operated the vessel, managed the crew, interacted with guests and provided a wide variety of service and support to all the departments that make up a casino resort property. Regularly performed administrative duties relative to the vessel certification, scheduling and payroll. Provided safety training and performed emergency drills. Assisted the Captain in daily shipboard duties.
Great Lakes Towing Company, Chicago, Illinois, Engineer/Able Seaman, Lake Harbor Towing, 1994–1996. Operated and maintained harbor tugs. Performed start-up and operation of engines, generators, hydraulic steering systems and all vessel equipment daily. Completed preventative maintenance and repairs to same.
CSX Transportation, Port Huron, Michigan, Captain, C&O #452, 1989–1994. Navigated and operated a train ferry from Port Huron, Michigan to Sarnia, Ontario, Canada while maintaining all U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Railroad regulations. Directed the crew, oversaw loading and unloading and ensured they were done safely and within the scope of the U.S Code of Federal Regulations
Licenses and certification
- Lean-Six-Sigma Green-Belt Certified,2015
- United States Coast Guard Merchant Marine Officer’s License, Master, Great Lakes and Inland Steam or Motor Vessels of any Gross Tons, 2011
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Kronos, Trane Tracer Summit BAS, HotSOS (Hotel Service Optimization System)
Marine Engineers Beneficial Association School, Toledo, Ohio
- Increased scope of United States Coast Guard Masters License to include the Great Lakes, 1998
- United Stated Coast Guard Masters License; any gross tons Inland Waters, 1997
- United States Coast Guard Mate’s License; any gross tons Great Lakes and Inland, 1989
- Unlimited Radar Observer Endorsement, 1989
Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, Indiana, Coursework in Business Administration, 2012-2013
St. John, IN,